Monday, December 24

Notes From the Lab

I took a photograph of a candle during my Christmas eve dinner. This is my first try in shallow depth-of-field candle photography, so don't expect anything fancy. I tried as much to keep my shot as steady as possible. But due to the heavyweight lens (it weighs 800+ grams), the dark environment, and the 100 plus focal length, camera shake blur was imminent without the use of a tripod. And yes, i do not have a tripod yet. I had to drive the ISO speed all the way up to 1600 to get a relatively still shot. Still, i am quite satisfied with my first attempt albeit some greenish reflection anomalies above the candle in the background.

Here is the image, not edited in any form.


Love the creamy bokeh (out of focus blur) though...

Merry Christmas
T'ang

No comments: