Sunday, January 4

New Year's Post

2008. It has been a wild ride that’s for sure: 2008 was the year in which I moved to Canada; 2008 was the year in which I attended a high school; 2008 was the year in which I enrolled into a university; 2008 was the year in which I met the most Caucasians in my life; 2008 was the year in which I attempted to loose my Singlish accent and vocab; 2008 was the year in which I was finally freed from the ‘short-hair policy’ of Singapore; 2008 was the year in which inexpensive and good food was no longer accessible to me; 2008 was the year in which I got tired of English songs; 2008 was the year in which I was no longer required to wear uniforms, and the list goes on.

Now, onto my New Year’s resolutions.

I don’t think I'm a person who progresses through a list of aims and targets. I remember those days in primary and secondary school where our form teacher will force us to pen down a list of resolutions (especially our grades) on the first day of school every year. I would just write anything and everything I could think of and then chuck it aside, never to be revisited again. So, I’ll not be filling this area with phrases labeled 1,2,3 and so on. I guess my life is shaped by whatever that comes my way. Of course, there are the ‘standard’ goals of doing well in school, making new friends, staying healthy and sort. But I feel that these have come to a stage where I would say, are customary.

And so, I shall be meeting 2009 with a sense of optimism.

Bring it on!
T’ang

No comments: