Wednesday, January 21

Notes from the Lab

I've been learning programming using C through one of my courses this term. I initially thought that it would be a wearisome course. But right now, I actually find it quite fun (or maybe it's because it has only been the first few introductory classes). The course encompasses three, one hour lectures and a two hour lab class every week. However, the pre-lab exercises are pretty exhausting (the second took me a good 4-5 hours to complete), and there's a bothersome weekly quiz, not to mention both a written midterm and final examination! The tricky thing is that we will be required to write all the C algorithms for a given question, but we don't get a chance to test it out on a computer.

Here's a snapshot of what I've been doing this week:

(click to view full-size)

It's a really simple program created using Dev-C++ that converts a force in Newtons to pounds. I believe that I'll have to construct much more intricate programs sometime in the future.

I heard from a friend who took the course last term that the course gets progressively harder through the weeks, and that it gets real harsh near the end of the term. I certainly hope that it doesn't turn out to be the way he described it as, fingers crossed.

T'ang

No comments: