Sunday, August 10

Case Closed--Überclok Reaktor Part 4

Like I promised:



My system has been running fine this week. I have none but one minor gripe about my components: the two fiery red cards there run hot! It was like having a gargantuan heater below my desk. Once, my ambient room temperature rose from 29 degrees Celsius (it's summer now) to a sweltering 34 degrees!

I have completed my processor's complementary game, World in Conflict. It's a little short I must say. I accomplished all 14 stages in just a couple of days. Nevertheless, the graphics were intense. I managed to push the details to the max with a 1920x1200 resolution and suffered from no lag at all. To be fair, there was one short moment where my display stuttered a little. It was during one of the final missions where you are given the chance to deploy almost all of your tactical aid at once. Napalm strikes, tank busters, heavy artillery barrages, carpet bombings, and daisy cutters lighted up the sky and turned the ground into a barren wasteland. Yes, that was the moment.

Permit me to digress a little. I came across this video on youtube featuring South Park. It's a parody on the ubiquitous Mac vs PC ads that have been circulating all over the web. To those who have already viewed this clip, good for you. Just don't get chesty and gloat over how slow I am :P

It never ends,
T'ang

No comments: