Saturday, July 12

A Review of Hellboy II: The Golden Army


I watched the film yesterday with a couple of friends. Well, it's an okay movie, with nothing to write home about. Honestly, I didn't enjoy the film (I despise the titular character in the first place).

The movie encircles round a predictable, "end-of-world" plot. Where an evil elf wants to awake a long dormant army to wipe out humanity. And the red devil arrives just in time to save the day. The film features a panoply of mythical creatures and lovely eye-candy, while the fighting scenes are well-conceived with lots of martial arts and firepower (gotta love the mega-revolver). However, the ending had me questioning: why didn't the elf heroine do that earlier? I'll leave that for you to find out yourself. Plus, we may even get to see two Hellboy juniors in the next installment. And yes, the couple got busy.

Simply put, fans of the character certainly won't be let down by this sequel. But the bland storyline has left me wanting for more.

Oh yeah, one more thing. The young Hellboy featured in the opening of the movie is HIDEOUS! urgghh...

T'ang

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hellboy 2 was fun; for sure that director has an amazing imagination, reminded me a lot of his work in Pan's Labyrinth