Sunday, April 6

A Reschedule is in Order

Yes, I do think one is obligatory. It has been 4 months since I was supposed to get my Canadian PC. As I mentioned in my previous update, this is mostly due to Intel’s quads which refused to show their faces till now. With the Q6600 successor, the Q9300, emerging in quantities, the other two models (still only available as OEMs currently) are closely tagging along.

However, there is another impediment in view: my upcoming provincial examinations. With just no more than 2 months to go till they arrive at my doorstep, I do think that now is an ideal time to splurge all my cash and time on a rig. This is particularly true with habit-forming games (Crysis, World in Confict, Call of Duty 4 and all) waiting to be installed.

Urrggh! Can't wait!

But guess what, it may after all be a blessing in disguise! Intel’s upcoming chipset, the P45, is slated for release mid-June. Plus, after seeing the performance of the 9800GTX (the so-called 8800GTX successor, which I earnestly think is unworthy for such a quintessential position), I think Nvidia has pushed the G92 Graphics Processing Unit to its limits, for it will not produce any more significant performance gains. Perhaps it’s best to wait till Nvidia (or maybe even ATI) releases a fresh innovatory GPU.

What do you think?
T’ang

No comments: